
40 Weeks came and went. Dr. appointment came and went with no change. Mom got to come and visit with the Dr. again. I spent the weekend napping and wondering if the Bump would make his appearance on July 4th. Well, July 4th has come and gone. Technically the little man is not late until after July 16th. It is a very well known statistic that most first born come either 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after. I still do mostly everything I want too. I went to the dog park over my three day weekend. It was so great to be able to spend some time with the dogs and Brian. One day there were 3 pregnant ladies there!!! If I was someone who was fertile I would of ran the other way.
Many people are asking about induction. Yes, there has been talk about induction, but as of now we are waiting to see what the Bump does. We have our next Dr. appointment July 8th. If we do decide to induce most likely it will be by Balloon Induction (look that one up) which basically is helping the cervix soften by inserting a balloon into the cervix. No medication or drugs will be used. If we do decide he needs some help we most likely will be induced on either July 10th or Monday July 13th. FYI, my niece, Kate, has her first birthday on July 10th. Little Kate is turning into a little girl. Here she is below stretching her soon to be very long legs!!
My younger brother, Dave, has his 31st Birthday on July 13th. Here he is with my 94 year old grandmother, last year at his wedding. Our family just keeps growing.For this weeks photos I am going back through the pregnancy from the first time we started taking photos of the little man. Take a look back and see how much he has grown, and maybe I have too!!!








Looking forward to meeting him but mostly to my amazing birth story. I can not wait to see how calm, comfortable, and relaxed I can make my body so it can do it's job. I have an amazing birthing team which includes the MVP, Brian!!!
My mom has been in town for a week and has spoiled us with her good recipes. Here are just a few of our favorite things. Carrot/coconut cookies!!!! and honey wheat home made bread.



Happy late 4th of July! We are thinking about everyone. We will try to keep you all posted either via facebook, emails, texts or short blurps on the blog in the next few days.
Answers to Quiz:
I am craving: Ice Chips, I can not get enough of them.When will he arrive: Well all those who guessed after the 4th were correct
Hair color: stay tuned
Love,
Brian, Linda, Gus, Fritz and the Bump

2 comments:
keep it in. reason #1. it is easier to take care of there where it is. reason #2. who wants to share their birthday with the country and have hot dogs and s'mores every year for birthday dinner??
Maybe the fireworks will scare him out!
Post a Comment