Sunday, July 19, 2009

Samuel Roberts Jacobson arrived!!!

The big news!!
Samuel Roberts Jacobson arrived Monday July 13th at 1:17pm. He was 9.9 lbs and 21 inches long. He has beautiful brown hair with some blond little highlights. His middle name is my mothers maiden name and he was born on my brothers birthday.

Birthing Time
We were planning on doing a water birth but after 30 hours of labor my body had given out. 24 hours of labor was completely medicine free. I used the water tub, birthing ball, yoga and hypnosis. All of those combined and I can honestly say I never experienced any "pain." I would do it over again in a second, it was simply amazing. Brian was an absolute husband and supported me beyond my imagination. Our Doula, Allyson, was like having an angel in the room. She was one step ahead of Brian and I throughout. I had to take petocin 4 hours before he came since I would not completely dilate. After the petocin did its job, he was locked and ready to come out. 10 minutes later he arrived. I also had an epidural, for rest sake. I was able to rest for 4 hours while the peticon worked its magic. I could not even speak, I was so exhausted. The doctor was so amazing. I was able to end the epideral about 2 hours before Samuel arrived so I could feel as much as possible. Brian and I were hoping for no medicine to be used but little did we know that both Samuel and myself needed just a little to get things into action. Samuel was put to my chest immediately after his arrival and started working on breastfeeding, which he knew right were to go. Brian got to cut the cord, after it stopped pulsing and we saved the placenta for something called placenta encapsulation (look it up).

Birthing Time Tid Bits
After my water broke, I wore Depend Undergarments in case of leaks. As I was walking around the unit I decided to walk past the nursing station and flash all the nurses as I wore my Depends. I said "ladies, check this out" and stroke a pose. All of their jaws dropped and then they all started laughing.

"Push It"
As I was pushing Samuel out, Brian and I cranked up "Push It" by Salt-N-Pepa while the doctor did a jig, when he walked in the room. All the nurses cracked up since they all said they went out and sang that song doing Karoke just last week. While that was playing, the hospital was doing one of their 4 fire alarm tests which means the fire light was flashing on and off like a strobe light. It was a party to be invited too.

Update
Samuel is doing great and we are getting into a routine. Here a few shots of him. He is very peaceful baby. More to come I am sure.




















Love the Jacobson Family!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

OMG... you have the best birthing story ever... sounds like it was an amazing experience! I am so happy for you guys :) Congratulations, he is simply adorable - have tons of fun w/ him, I am glad to hear you are all doing so great!
Take care, talk to you soon,
Jaime

Jossie said...

You seriously crack me up! I love that you had "Push It" playing at the hospital and that you flashed the nurses :-) I'm so proud of you for your incredible story! I can't wait to see you! Let me know if you are ready to get out of the house and do lunch :-) Love you guys!

Jenny B said...

He is GREAT! Welcome to the world of motherhood-the most rewarding "job" in the world. Treasure every moment because it goes by too fast! Congratulations!

Angella Covill said...

He is adorable! Congrats! :) Now the fun starts :) Enjoy!!