Monday, June 15, 2009

A little of more than you would expect.......Week 38

What week 38 is here. You can see we changed to a more "summertime" feel on the blog. Don't you feel like calling in sick and going to the pool? Yes, we are almost in single digits waiting the arrival of the Bump. What occurred in the last week, lots of great things.

This past weekend, we took the dogs to Lake Mead to have their first swim.

Yes, they are a year and half and have never been near water. We had thought they might like it, I mean they loved the kiddie pool we put in the back yard. We headed out on Sunday and take a look at what we captured. Bri took Fritz out first and Gus almost dragged me in with him. Then Gus and Fritz decided to go it alone. They loved being there. We played fetch and all the other dog owners were so jealous that our dogs went into the water. Here are some shots of the boys. Did you know our dogs can walk on water?


Gus is out fetching while Fritz decides to take in the sights. So mature.





I am a strong believer that you can never know to much, so this weeks post, I am putting any sort of shyness aside to show you the other side of pregnancy. As we are preparing for the little guys birth, there are a few things that are needed which are necessities for a more comfortable, clean labor or birthing time. First off, Depend undergarments. Yes, I have purchased and feel that they will come in handy. I was told, that when my water breaks, it is nice to have something (Depend Undergarments) on to soak up any other leakage which does occur, after the fact. Good to know. This makes perfect sense and I am embracing my sexy side even when I have to wear them. The other item which was purchased was Ultra thick maxi pads, these will be good to have after delivery.

Another funny note is the last couple months I have found that bending over just is becoming less and less easy. Well, our closet is a "walk in" but it truthfully only fits one of us and maybe a strolling by dog. When I am getting dressed or undressed and bend over, I sometimes catch Brian's shirts in my butt crack. Yes, I am taking up more space now and sometimes his clothes get taken for a short ride. I hope that visual has caused you to pee your pants, cuz I do almost every time I do it.

Other than that, Bri and I are practicing swaddling and timing each other on how quick we can get a diaper changed. It is called Bump boot camp. The stuffed animals are loving it and we are laughing out butts off! We have our bag packed, mostly. No hospital gown for this mom. I found a cute, cotton dress which I will use for labor and a even cuter robe (baby blue) to keep me warm and covered if we decide to walk around at the hospital. I am going to go around and visit all the other moms and show them how relaxed I am. That hospital is not going to be the same after the Jacobson's arrive.

The Bump
Well he is just blumping up. He moves a ton, for suposively how restricted he is. Last night, I think he ran an Iron Man (shout out to Chuck) in my belly. His weight has increased 6 billion times since he was a single fertilized egg. Babies do more in 9 months than most human do in a life time. He also receives antibodies from my blood and from breast milk. Breast milk is an amazing substance.

The grandma's have booked their tickets and will arrive on June 30th. That is not that far away. We have found a great Pediatrician. Oh, how things come together when you set your mind to something. Everyone at work is asking me when my last day is.....Ask the Bump everyone, it is up to him.

I am also giving a shout out to all my dear friends and family. We have a new camera which will bring some great shots to all of you, once we truly understand all the settings. So look forward to even better shots and no more excuses about losing the camera.

Hope you like the post. Sorry for the TMI (to much info) on some of the things but I am embracing every aspect of this pregnancy, even the not so glamorous side.

Tallyho neighbors!


Love,

Brian (he had nothing to do with this post), Linda, Gus, Fritz and the Bump (who is probably embarrassed)

4 comments:

Jossie said...

Cute post! I love the TMI

Angella Covill said...

Very cute :) LOVE Lake Mead... did a houseboating trip there a couple summers ago w/ my inlaws... very fun lake :) You look adorable :) Very excited for you!!

Parish & Becca said...

Very cute! I like TMI stuff, it's fun :) I bought Depends and heavy Maxi pads too, but only used one Depends and a pack or so of Maxi pads. I didn't bleed or secrete as much fluid as I expected, plus, the hospital will give you disposable panties and stuff to help with that. But good thing you're prepared, because everyone is different :)

ACTanner said...

We need to get together!!! And the next time you head to the lake let us know & we'll tag along and bring Nala!!

Okay to funny on the closet image....yes I was laughing my butt off.

I can't believe the bump is going to be here so soon!!! And yes the industrial size maxi's are a necessity -- the hospital gives you some great ones -- get a supply before you leave. As for the depends -- they broke my water at the hospital -- but YES it does totally make sense!!

You look great!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! Today is Ethan's 1st birthday....I can't believe it's already been a year! Cherish every moment -- it goes by so quickly!!!