Monday, May 18, 2009

Week 34

Week 34 is here! Pretty soon we will be in the single digits of days left. Time has flown. This past week we had some more visitors in town and we actually got to see them. We had such a dry spell the last year of having visitors here and not being able to meet up with them. Mostly because our friends would party while we were sleeping and then want to see us when we were sleeping. That just never was a recipe for hanging out success.

Our first visitor was my super cool, long time friend Jami Manion (Kraft). She was in town with her mom and sister. She is due a week after me with her third child, and her first girl! We bumped bellies hugging at the airport and then proceeded to take turns using the restroom the next day at lunch. We went to Metro Pizza (yummy pizza!!), Walgreens for sunscreen and what was so great...Baskin Robbins was just around corner. By this time I had to use the restroom VERY BADLY!! Walgreen's, no restroom, Baskin Robbins no restroom. During this juncture in pregnancy, the Bump likes to punch or hit my bladder so it feels like I have to go so badly but when I end up going it doesn't even make a dent. We got our ice cream at BR and headed back the her hotel. How I made it 20 minutes without peeing my pants, I have no idea. We sure were cute eating our ice cream though. Here is a phone camera photo (still could not find my charger to my camera) taken at Metro pizza. Good thing my boobs were not very big, cuz I could of knocked Jami out!!


Saturday (May 16th) was a long day. I had a Familytime expo in Henderson from 10-2pm, then a lia sophia party at 4pm. I got home by 7 to help Brian babysit little Addysen Carr, Cheryl and Deldre's 6 month old baby girl. Oh, she was an angel and we got some much needed refreshers in diapering, bottle feeding, burping and lullaby singing (Mine needs help). Seriously, I was trying to sing "Rock a Bye Baby" and had to hum part of it cuz I could not remember the whole thing. The Bump nudged Addysen when I was feeding her. She didn't care...Down the hatch. Bri did amazing too. He is a natural Daddy. It was so much fun to have her over. The dogs did so well. Fritz warmed up quickly, Gus liked to do little growls. They are going to do so well with the little guy. Cheryl and Deldre THANK YOU!!!



Our next visitor was Brian's Cousin Mat Munro. He decided to make a trip down here for the week. Bri made it down and got to take in the Las Vegas Strip sites (which we rarely do) of Margarittaville, Caesar's Palace and even got to play some poker. I think he might head out on tour and become a pro. Then I could be on TV cheering him on and look really good under the horrible BLUE lighting they use. If you have watched Poker on tv, the lighting they use for the audience is horrible. The only thing that looks good is a nice chested woman in a white shirt. That could be an option for me, I guess.......where was I....

Office Baby Shower!
My wonderful office threw the Bump a shower. The Bump had a great time and got spoiled. He got to enjoy the best cake ever. Take a look. It came from a great bakery in town, called Freed's Bakery. I think it was called "A Bun in the Oven" Cake. It was perfectly delicouis. Can you imagine the jokes that went around the room about who gets to eat my boobs? They were a very popular item.


Oh yes, the Bump....he weighs as much as a cantaloupe or a half gallon of milk. (4 3/4-7 lbs) His length is 18 inches long. Did you know that the umbilical cord is made of thick goop called "Wharton's jelly" which helps prevent if from getting knotted or kinked? Good thing cuz he is cramped in there. The Bump continues to move, move, move. Fritz likes to use him as a pillow. I think it is more ergonomically correct for Fritz to lay his head on my little belly pillow than just flat. Fritz gets bumped and it does not bother him one bit.

Love
Brian, Linda, Gus, Fritz and the Bump

3 comments:

Wood Cutters said...

I LOVE your post. Your mom is beautiful. She looks so great. And so does your baby, your bump, Which I HATE to call it!!! But, we are so excited for you 3 and can't wait to for July 3rd or 4th??!!
Great pictures. Love you!!!

Jossie said...

That cake is AWESOME! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it :-) Looks like fun times :-)

Stephanie said...

I can't believe how clean you house looks :) The floor looks awesome!