What all occurred during this week? Well mom left on Sunday, May 10th, Mother's Day. It was great to have her here. So much fun to come home too and the dogs loved it! We had a grand time. Brian and I took her to one of our favorite places to get fresh, delicious and perfectly made food, The Raw Cafe! Yes raw.
Everything is made as you order, from smoothies, salads, the spaghetti which is all made out of vegetables, nuts and what not. Nothing is cooked and if it is heated, like the soup, it is only heated to a certain degree. Take a look at some of the food.

She went to a lia sophia party with me on Friday (May 8th). She had never had so much fun.

The following day was my baby shower put on by Jossie, who is having a girl!!! Jossie and I know one another from lia sophia. So far I am beating her on the bump scale. I believe she is 19 weeks so soon she will be bumping just like me!!

Can I tell you how yummy the chicken salad sandwiches was and the cake? Oh the choco-chip cheese cake with the cutest design. Everything was eatable! Thanks Stephanie for finding such a great cake.

The shower had my friends from all my walks of life. Past work associates, dog park friends, lia sohpia friends, my next door neighbor and some college friends. Some college friends actually crashed the baby shower. Jacob and Randyn crashed, in town from Hawaii!!! I had not seen them for over 7 years maybe more.
Randyn (yarn bandanna), Jacob (hat), Me, Laura, Cheryl and her baby Addysen. Laura and Cheryl are college teammates of mine.

We got some cute things let me tell you. See some of the items below! The first shot is the cutest pair of swim trunks and matching sun glasses. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Jake. Brian would like a matching set!
My nephew, DJ made this wonderful piece of wall art. It will go perfectly in our room of bold colors!!
Responsibility wheel. If you click on the photo you can make it bigger!!! As you can see, I got a kick out of it. Oh the Vollum's always amaze me!

Mom, Brian and I took a trip down memory lane on Sunday and went back to where we go married. It was nice since mom went with us to choose our food way back when. We had breakfast and got to watch a bunch of golfers hit balls into the water! Whoops. Here are a few photos before my battery went low. Still can not find the charger so photos might have to wait this week for the bump.

This is the exact spot we kissed and made it official. Oh, that was a good day!!

All and all we had a great week. This weekend, Bri is working on the babies room to get the flooring down. The house is coming together. Just in time for Bri to end his school year which is coming very quickly (3 weeks.) Bri has field day coming up this friday, May 15th!! Nothing like being outside in this nice hot weather. We might have to take a dip in the pool this weekend. Awwwww water, refreshing water.
The Bump
The Bump now weighs about as much as a pineapple (4lbs) and is around 17 inches long. In the next 7 weeks, he will double in weight. Hopefully I don't! At the last doctor's appointment, my doctor said I will not need an ultrasound since he seems to be doing just fine and so am I. I want one just to see him move and what position he is in. The Doc said his head is down but the way he is moving I can not tell his butt from his head. I was spanking him the other day and hopefully it was his butt. My mom got to go with me and meet the man who will be assisting in the delivery of the Bump. What a great week!!!Hope all is well. We miss you all. 7 weeks and counting.
Love ,
Brian, Linda, Gus, Fritz and the Bump (soon to have a real name)


3 comments:
Sorry I missed your baby shower. We have been so busy with soccer that it didn't leave me any time to get out there that day. I bet you had a great time! Who is your doctor?
I just read both posts and I decided that your belly looks like porcelain :-) Cute! I'm so glad you enjoyed the baby shower. I'm glad I got to give it!
Don't you love baby showers - we still haven't had to buy many clothes for Ethan and he's almost 1 (I can't believe he turns 1 next month -- it goes by so fast - so cherish each day!!!) We have a gift for you -- we decided to do what we've learned in the past year basket - so it will include all of our great finds :)
Post a Comment