Monday, April 27, 2009

Week 31...Updates and talk about boobs!

Happy Birthday Karen (older sister, April 25th)
Happy BIRTHDAY MOM (April 30th)

Hello everyone. We are in the single digits for weeks. Seriously, we have been pregnant for almost 8 months! It seems like just yesterday we were planning a wedding, and taking care of our rock star dogs, Gus and Fritz. Soon the Bump will be here oh how life will change. We can not wait for his arrival.

We have done a few more things this week to get ready for him. Bri got the master bedroom done over the weekend. Picture coming once Guz and Fritz get the laundry folded and the floor cleaned. It is not pretty. Anyways... I think he has found a new profession. It is so great to not have carpet under our feet. My mom comes on Sunday (May 3rd) so we are getting ready for her. She will be officially retired as of Friday, May 1st. How great it that?

We are still brainstorming names, but it seems we just come up with ones that we DON'T want to name him. Brian thinks his nickname should be changed to the "Bulge! Some other items to discuss....BOOBS Many of you know I have a few friends that are pregnant right along with me or you are one of my friends who is pregnant. Well, just so you a few of them have had the task of purchasing new bra's since their boobs have almost doubled and for one, tripled in size. Yes, mine have not grown at all. Have a I had to buy new bra's? Nope and I am thankful. I know, I know I am talking about boobs, but this is America people and maybe some of you do not know what us women go through in order to carry these miracles.

It is pretty funny to hear my friends say that when they were starting their second trimester and saw someone they had not seen in a while, they knew the person was thinking two things: "Wow, she has put on some weight and did she get a boob job." Quote from one of my prego friends. All in all just the Lady Griz alone, is adding to the population this year. Just in this year alone there will be 5 of us, that I know of, which will give birth. Darn athletes can populate this world on our own.

Back to some facts and only the facts..... The Bump is weighing in as much as 4 naval oranges or cantaloupe (3.5 lbs) and is 16 inches long. This is only a guess since I have not had an ultra sound to really get his measurements. He is putting on weight and just waiting for his lungs to develop so he can do his own thing when he is born. Is he kicking my ribs? Have you people seen my ribs. I used to call them "my second set of boobs." I have the largest rib cage on earth. The bump moved either his foot or arm this morning and didn't even come close to hitting them. We always joke he is in there stretching out with a big thumbs up.

That is all for now. The days are going quickly and May is going to fast, we are sure. Here is a different photo for you. Quality not so good but hey you get the point. I want to strike a pose to show off how I WISH the pants would fit. The band is getting to small for my belly so I have to put the band below it. This makes it look like my crotch is down to my knees. I get laughed at from people at work. Do not worry, I am laughing at myself. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Jossie said...

P.S. I wonder if my boobs have grown so much because I am having a girl. Weird theory I know but I never had to buy new bras with Tyler until I was breastfeeding. Just a thought. Cute pic!

ACTanner said...

I love the blog! And that picture is great!! It was so fun to have you guys over last night for dinner! We have to do it again soon!