Sunday, October 25, 2009

Family Wedding in California

We spent a long weekend in California connecting with my Aunt Camille (Dad's sister), her husband Andy, my two cousins (Phil and Kim) and the rest of our family there. It was great to see everyone. Plus, they all got to meet Sam. I also went back to the same area I went to 5th grade but also spent a bunch of summers when I was growing up. My cousin Phil got married to Paula. They had a perfect wedding at the Pinto Ranch. I used to visit there many times, growing up so it brought back so many memories. It was such a great place to learn life lessons but to also have a bunch of fun. I never will forget Grandma Mac (Uncle Andy's Mother) (visit http://www.dudegirl.com/dg_story.htm for the whole story, then check out my cousin Kim's clothing line!)

My Uncle Andy and Sammy doing some bonding. It was just special for this side of the family to meet another member. I loved watching the interaction.

My beautiful cousin Kim. Her and Sam had a bunch of fun together!!

My dear Great Aunt Joann (Grammy Weyler sister). This was the first time Sam and her met as well. So special.

Grandma Mac has a school, near the Pinto Ranch, dedicated after her. She left such a legacy. I was blessed that she was in my life.

Dorothy Dodge McElhinney, she was a wonderful person to know and to learn from.
THE McElhinney Wedding . Congrats Phil and Paula!
Paula arrived on a horse drawn carriage. The weather was perfect and so was the wedding. We were so happy to be apart of it.


The Location: The Pinto Ranch. What a setting?



I do not know the whole story of this statue, but Grandma Mac always had him around. Sam like him.

Cousin Phil getting the John Deere ready for some hay rides. I wonder who will be doing the honors of driving everyone?
Oh, the perfect John Deere driver, my Dad! He just fits driving a John Deere. Growing up, I would sit in between Dad's legs and help him steer. Later, I used my skills, driving a tractor on Stahlbush Island Farms, in Corvallis Oregon. That was my first job out of college.


My wonderful Grandma Weyler, 94 years old. She is meeting Sam for the first time. What a connection they made. It was so much fun to hang out with Grammy.

Proud Papa with little man Sam. I am so lucky to have such wonderful men in my life. My husband was made to be a father.


Just keeping Sam occupied before the Bride arrived. Little did I know but a few moments after this shot, Sambo went poopie. Brian took him and missed almost the entire ceremony.

Love this shot. The reception was held in the red barn. It was beautifully decorated. Paula is an amazing wedding planner and a beautiful Bride!

1 comment:

Wood Cutters said...

Great Post, Linda!!!!
Cute pics of everyone!!!